February 16, 2015

Day 6 in Israel: a forced day of rest

Greetings Friends,

As I admitted before I have been battling a cold for the last few days here in Israel. This morning when I woke up it had worsened substantially. With three days left in Israel and a long flight home on the horizon, I decided to stay in my hotel room today and not go out with the group touring. It was a bummer to have to miss a day here in the Holy City, but the itinerary today was mostly things I had seen/done last time I was here and I am looking forward to the next two days which are new stops for me. I thought it best to try and beat the cold instead of prolong it.

Taking the day to rest was a great thing. I slept most of the day and am feeling one hundred times better with still another night's rest ahead before touring again tomorrow. It was actually kind of nice in a way to be quiet, read scripture, rest and process all that we've seen and done here so far on this amazing trip.

So thank you for your continued prayers for healing. They are working and God is good.

Until tomorrow!

~Ryan

No comments: