February 2, 2015

Another Adventure In Israel: One Week to Wheels Up!

Greetings Friends,

Snow in Jerusalem at the Wailing (Western) Wall

Many of you may already know this, but I (Ryan) have been granted an amazing opportunity to travel again to Israel one week from today! In all of our travels and adventures, I've never been someplace so compelling, enriching and spiritually refreshing. I will be travel to Israel for two weeks with PESM (pacific evangelical school of ministry) which is a part of our regional network of churches. I will be co-leading the trip with the amazing Dr. Bill Vermillion. Bill and I co-teach the Bible courses at PESM and will be leading students and their spouses and some missionaries to Israel with Maranatha Tours.

I am extremely grateful to Kealy for allowing me to go on this trip. This is the longest we've EVER been a part in our ten years of marriage and she has agreed to shoulder the parenting load for the whole two weeks. I will miss Kealy and the kids deeply and I am thankful, as always, for her grace and love for me to have this amazing experience.

Our itinerary in Israel will be very similar to the trip Kealy and I went on a few years ago. We will be spending a few days in Northern Israel and Galilee, visiting Capernaum, Caesarea Philippi, Nazareth and Megiddo. Then, on to Jerusalem for 6 nights with day trips to Bethlehem, Masada, Qumran and the Dead Sea.

I will be posting each day a brief synopsis of the days events and some photos for those of you that would like to follow along with me. I am looking forward to seeing these places again, with fresh eyes, knowing a little bit of what to expect while also realizing that this experience will be different from the previous one.

I would covet your prayers for safe travel and health for the group and for courage and strength for Kealy as she cares for Annabelle, Levi and Avery while I'm away.

Thanks again to Kealy, our church family and others who have made it possible for me to participate in this amazing adventure. I look forward to keeping you in the loop!

in Christ,

Ryan Thorson

No comments: