December 6, 2008

A Promise Not To Promise

Hey Everybody!!!

Wow!!! Its been a while. I can't promise you anything about staying up with posts, since I've said it before and haven't followed through, but in following friend's of mine and their blogs, I realized how much I enjoy seeing what is going on in their lives. So we are making an attempt to blog more frequently, especially around the holidays, when so much fun stuff is going on.

We are continuing to 'live the dream' and working hard, but enjoying our moments together. Kealy is working so hard every day, substitute teaching. She has done it all. High school art, Middle School Math, Elementary school classrooms and working with mentally and physically disabled, I admire so much her flexibility to walk into any classroom and handle the class. Countless students tell her how wonderful she is and what a 'nice sub' she is.

The other nice thing about subbing is some of the days or half days we have to spend together. We are enjoying walking, playing wii and lots of other things together.


This week is finals week for my first term of seminary at George Fox. It has been a great term and I have loved everything I have had an opportunity to learn and think about. I feel like I am getting better equipped for wherever my education might lead.

We are enjoying our ministry and service with Salem Evangelical. The college/career adults are a blast to live life with and they are growing spiritually and we are enjoying building relationships with them.



We had a wonderful thanksgiving with family and are eagerly anticipating Christmas time and all of the fun things and traditions we get to do. We went shopping today and had fun together and are having a nice, quiet Saturday afternoon together, a peaceful day in the middle of the crazy Christmas storm.

Sunset today...we need a new camera...it doesn't do it justice!

Hope your Christmas plans are going well and that, in the middle of the crazy and hectic time of Christmas, that we would each remember what it is really about.

in Christ,
Ryan and Kealy Thorson

2 comments:

Paul and Ashley Hynes said...

I was thinking about you two the other day because we stopped at Timberline Lodge for some coffee. Thanks for the update!

Tammy Bowers said...

Love the pictures, the Halloween costumes, the gorgeous sunset. Your wife is amazing, I agree.