October 2, 2008

Living The Dream

Hey Everybody,

Its interesting how we (at least me) try so hard to get into the everyday flow of life so that I can get used to a new schedule (creature of habit that I am) that sometimes I forget how much fun everything that I'm getting to do is. I was tired and a little worn out at the end of the day yesterday, and then I stopped and realized to myself, 'self, you got to do some really fun things today'. Sure they were a little tedious at times, but I got to hang out with fellow pastors at the church, share about our ministries, have lunch with a student, study ancient hebrew, learn about women in church history, hang out with my gorgeous wife, eat three great tacos from Taco Bell and hang out with ten guys talking about the Holy Spirit. What an awesome day! I missed the point when I was going through the day that the passions and things that I love most I was getting to do! I was so consumed with getting through my 'to-do list' and how busy it was that I missed the realization that I was 'Living the Dream'!

My hope and prayer in MY life is that I can take moments throughout the day and stop and realize how blessed I am by God. Kealy and i were talking at the beach on Tuesday just how many amazing experiences we've had together and what amazing relationships and family God has given us. It totally changed our outlook on our life, while we're still settling in and Kealy's finding a job she'll enjoy, that even though there are things we still WANT in our life, they have no comparison to the amazing things we already have.

Praise God for the gifts He has lavished upon us, and give me strength, Lord, to be appreciative and acknowledge the incredible gifts Thou hast given!

In Christ,
Ryan and Kealy Thorson

just some of our amazing family and friends:


No comments: