February 23, 2008

Sine Die--Unemployed!--Learning MahJong


Hello Friends and Family,

Friday a surprising thing happened. I had know idea that when I went to work in the morning that it would be my last day at the capital. The legislative session that I have been working for was scheduled to continue until next Friday, and at that point I (Ryan) would be searching for further employment somewhere. But Friday, after a fourteen hour work day, full of running around, with short breaks to run to Subway and get dinner, we officially ended the legislative session a week early. It was a fun, but busy day. But now, my job is finished at the capital a bit earlier than I thought, but no worries, I guess I'll take a bit of a vactaion before seeing what's next. Actually, we've still got lots of stuff going on. Right now we are hanging out enjoying a quiet sunday night with nothing to do. We had a great weekend hanging out her in Keizer and yesterday we had a party celebrating the end of the legislative session at our friend Qin's house who worked at the capital with me. She is also from China, so we were able to share stories about our experiences and we had a great time together. She also taught us how to play the ancient Chinese game of MahJong. It was a complicated game to learn, but once we got the hang of it, it is quite fun. We enjoyed being back at worship in Salem this morning and are looking forward to doing bible study with college students tomorrow night at the church. Kealy is continuing to sub and I am going to begin looking for jobs and figure out where God wants me/us to be while here in Salem. We feel like we are getting settled in here in Salem and it is so much fun seeing everyone and spending time together. We do miss each of you in China that might be reading this blog, too, we think of you and lift you up often! We hope each of you have a great week experiencing God's goodness and faithfulness! Talk to you soon.

In Christ,
Ryan and Kealy Thorson

Watch out for lamp poles this week!

No comments: