May 3, 2007

So What Are We Doing Now?

Hey Friends and Family,
It seems like blogs come in spurts, but what the heck. Now that you know we are gearing up for China, maybe you're wondering what we are doing right now on a daily basis. Well...

Kealy has been spending a lot of time with 1st graders and something is starting to seem fishy...hahaha. She comes home with great stories and we are doing a case study on trying to figure out why 1st graders fall out of their chairs nearly everyday. She is a great teacher, the kids love her and draw her tons of pictures. We love laughing at dinner over her crazy experiences each day. She is even bring the kids to the state capital...


I have gained a respect and sense of appreciation for what these men and women give up six months of their year to do for the state of Oregon. While I never agree with all of them, though they don't ask my opinion, I see in the majority of the individuals there a love for Oregonians and for Oregon.

The Senate Chamber where I work. This week has been a busy one. Everything from discussin the war in Iraq to same sex relationships. Sometimes I feel emotionally drained just from absorbing all of the passionate debate. The Senators have been very civil, however, and I haven't had the chance of throwing anyone out by the ear yet. Maybe my time will come.


But what we really look forward to is our time spent with you, our friends and family. Ping pong has become a popular past-time. Charles, Brock, Jeff and I even invented a new form of ping pong with miscellaneous household items scattered on the table. We call it 'junk pong' and you have to play the bounce off of the household items. We are thinking about patentening it. Probably didn't spell that right?

Anyways, thanks for your friendship. Maybe I will find some of my friends to take a picture with me so I can show proof that people like me too. We love you all, have a great weekend.

Sincerely,

Ryan and Kealy Thorson


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

About the 1st graders falling out of their chairs everyday... it is so true!! I think it is because they sit on the very front edge of the chair, then when something catches their attention they turn around really quickly and they fall off. Or, there are the day dreamers who are so slumped over on the desk, deep in thought, and they just flat out fall off. Sometimes the reason why the charis fall over too is because the darn kid is tipping the chair on 2 legs trying to be cool- I never feel bad when they fall. In my class, our tummies always touch our desks and our feet are placed in front of our chair. Gosh, sorry... I didn't realize I had so much to say about kids falling off chairs. Guess I see it everyday. LOTS OF LOVE, Kristi

Paul said...

Lets go, more blogging!

Paul

Anonymous said...

What a great picture of the two of you. Congratulations on getting selected to teach in China. I am so very proud of you! Love, Mom